Thursday, December 24, 2009

Cracks in My Plans

There are so many cracks in my plans, yet I keep insisting on asking God if I can have them back. God presents clear problems with my thinking in Jeremiah 2:13. It reads..."My people have committed two sins: They have forsaken me, the spring of living water, and have dug their own cisterns, broken cisterns that cannot hold water."


To hold on to my old plans is a sin (I guess two!), even if I was following God's plans for my life at that time. The problem is, that was then, this now. I have had trouble understanding that what once was Godly, flowing springs of living water wasn't meant to be forever in that shape and form. God had changes and new plans in mind for now. When I hold on to the old plans (however good they may have been) I am digging my own cisterns that cannot hold water. No wonder I am tired. I am also sinning.

Oh, that makes a difference to me. That is the reality check I needed to hear. I am not only wasting my time and energy, I am sinning. God has new plans for me that come from Him...the spring of living water! Today, Lord, I repent from my desire to control my life. I quit digging. You in your grace you let me dig until I ran out of energy and let me see this for myself. I see it now. I want your springs of living water. I want so much of it that it flows through me onto others. Lord, I rest beside your spring. Let it wash me and nourish my tired parched body and soul. In your son's amazing name, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Kimberli,
    I'm there with you. Thanks for the simple reminder - and being real about living in chronic pain is really like. Merry Christmas - Anita

    ReplyDelete